Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Installed Short Shifters?

Hello,
    I've got a 2019 Subaru WRX. I was wondering if I can install the factory short shift kit and stay in Stock All? I could have ordered it with a short shifter from Subaru but opted to take dealer stock instead. The rules say that any factory/port installed options are allowed for stock classes but then the section on Prepared All specifically calls out short shift kits as being allowed. Thoughts?

The main task here would be determining if the factory option is actually installed by the factory, port, or at the dealer as part of the PDI prep. If it’s actually at the factory or port, and if you could have ordered it as an option by itself, then it’s legal to add in Stock.

Comment

You can order the STI short shift package which is the short shifter and STI shift knob (which I already have) by itself on any WRX. This package appears on Monroney stickers. Which, to my understanding, means its a factory/port option and not a dealer option.

Comment

Not always. For example, on the Focus RS there is a factory optional winter wheel and tire package. It is listed on the Monroney stickers, but because they are not physically installed on the car at the factory or in the port, they are not legal (as ruled on by the RXB). Another recent example would be on the new Corvettes the "high wing" option is ordered with the car and on the sticker, but it is installed by the dealers once they arrive. I'm sure someone on IWSTI or NASIOC knows where/when/how those are installed.

Comment

A quick google shows numerous Subaru forum posts that claim that it is installed at the port. Most likely you're fine.

Comment

The Subaru configurator for that car (https://www.subaru.com/build-your-ow.../STANDARD.html) shows the short shifter under accessories, which often means dealer installed, but it says this in the fine print: "Manufacturer's suggested retail price for accessories installed by the manufacturer. Actual prices for retailer installed accessories may vary.". I'd read that to support the port installed theory.

Comment

Thanks JWA appreciate the feedback!

Comment

Working...
              X