2016 SCCA Western RallyCross National Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 SCCA Western RallyCross National Challenge

The event is open for registration: http://www.scca.com/events/1981856-2...onal-challenge
    Last edited by bharmer; 02-26-2016, 10:36 AM.
    Brian Harmer
    SCCA Rally/Solo Program Manager
    1-800-770-2055
    “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm registered and ready to fling some dirt!
    Southern California Rally Media
    WheelsDirty | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

Comment

Host region:
      http://www.CalClubRallyX.com

Region's Event Facebook Page:
      https://www.facebook.com/events/451245098400261/

Jay W

Comment

Can't wait!
        All Surface Racing
        Website | Facebook Group | YouTube |
        2002 WRX Wagon | ORLYWGN

Comment

About three weeks out. Getting excited.

Some highlights:
          Friday T&T
          Friday Free Dinner and Cocktail Party
          Saturday Free BBQ Lunch
          Sunday Award ceremony snacks.

Jay W

Comment

Any comments good or bad about the event? Any suggestion to make the Eastern event better
            RXB Chairman
            2014 Mazda2 SF
            1990 VW Golf MF

Comment

Official results can be found at www.scca.com/westrx
              Brian Harmer
              SCCA Rally/Solo Program Manager
              1-800-770-2055
              “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Hyattrxb View Post
                Any comments good or bad about the event? Any suggestion to make the Eastern event better
                The event went very smoothly, finishing Saturday morning on time, to the minute. The Saturday afternoon driver inversion went perfectly, 2nd drivers specifically. Thank you timing and scoring(Sandi and anyone who helped make this work, finally.) 12 runs with winners total times ranging between 14 minutes for MA up to 19 minutes for SR. Even had a brief appearance by none other than President of SCCA, Lisa Noble, wish there was more time to chat before she had to leave. On the west coast, winds from the north are always trouble, but watering helped minimize the dust. Lastly, make sure the course workers know it is their responsibility as course workers to red flag cars with a debead. It may have not been emphasized enough. There were 2 cars that made complete runs through the course without being red flagged, possibly a third car made it without being red flagged, given a rerun after a tire change. From a safety point of view, someone official needs to monitor the tire changes. First hand account relayed to me was that one of the cars that did a rerun, did so with only 3 of 5 lugnuts. 2 were broken after the first replacement wheel was too small, while removing the lugnuts, broke 2 coming off, changed the tire and did a rerun. So if there is any doubt that reducing the mechanical delay time from 10 to 5 minutes is a bad idea, making a competitor rush to change a tire will lead to safety problems, keeping the extra 5 minutes is better that hastily made repairs that are done wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyattrxb View Post
                  Any suggestion to make the Eastern event better
                  Get rid of useless 5 minute "mechanical". It appears that it creates more problems than it solves.

Comment

I disagree, the 5 minute mechanical saved my win, changing a tire between runs.
                    Originally posted by zblorenc View Post

Get rid of useless 5 minute "mechanical". It appears that it creates more problems than it solves.
                    I don't know what media policy Scca has in place for these events, but with there being only 3, I expected to see a lot more people taking pictures or video. On car footage can only be so interesting. I would have loved to see some video like Subaru Loyalist did for the 2014/2015 SoPac challenges. A well done video can do a lot for "hyping" a region and getting more people to come out. -above mentioned video was the reason we came down from WA

Comment

Bryan, the mechanical has always been there. What was being considered for change or in fact was changed is that 10 minutes was too long and 5 minutes would replace it. As for the turnouts, socal always has larger turnouts, except when it comes to the "big" SCCA events. I can't understand the reason it happens, but Jay does all the marketing to get big turnouts at regular events. Remember, almost half of the field competitors were from out of the region.

Comment

The reason why the turn out was smaller than usual is because of the location. Lots of people show up for the Glen Helen events since most come from the riverside area.There was a 'crew' shooting video there. I don't know who they were but the guy driving the mustang in stock rear is friends with them.

Event ran very smooth and I had a great time. Pictures will be up on my website (wheelsdirty.com) very soon; They're already posted on my facebook page.
                        Southern California Rally Media
                        WheelsDirty | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

Comment

Working...
                        X