Utah RX date conflict

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah RX date conflict

Having recently read the latest info about the 2019 RallyCross National tour challenge event in Utah. I wanted to get some consensus regarding blackout date limitations. A few years ago, there was an issue raised about a RallyCross in Santa Rosa California and the National Challenge held in Ridgecrest, Ca. With the announcement of the Utah event falling on the same weekend as the RallyTrials/RallyCross event organized at Prairie City in Sacramento, I want to get some opinion/info regarding the likelihood of sanction/insurance.

A little background on the Prairie City RallyTrial/RallyCross event, 2019 will be our 5th year organizing the specialty event. While I don't submit our sanction applications until the date approaches, I'm curious if that would be a likely factor for the conflict not being realized when the date was chosen for the Utah site. The reason for the date is based on the knowledge that the Hangtown MX outdoor series event is the weekend before our event the the California state park uses a road grader to grade all of the race course surface to utilize them for spectator parking. Which in turn leaves us with 2-3 miles of perfectly groomed dirt/clay mixed road base. Unfortunately, the weekend after our event, another organizer comes in and rips up most all the "roads" for an Ultra 4 King of the Hammers type of event. Making this particular weekend the only option for our event. Attendance started in 2015 with 10 competitors and has grown to 20+ in the best year.

So, what I'm wanting to get is input on whether or not we should expect to be denied sanction/insurance with the same weekend being booked for 2 SCCA events. One last detail is the distance between the sites and even more significantly, the distance between the Utah site and 80-90% of our normal rx participants drive to the Prairie City site. A quick googleearth search puts the driving distance at 751 miles, based on San Jose,Ca to Erda, Ut.

Brent Blakely

Brent,

with the distance and the different rent type of event it should not be an issue. The RXB meets tonight and I will give you a definitive answer by morning

Comment

Brent,

The RXB has no issues alllowing this event being held if the proper sanction requirement are met.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Is there something that has changed since our last RallyTrials event? or something else RallyCross related?

Comment

Just making sure it didn’t appear that the RXB approved the event.

Comment

Working...
          X