Subaru 15" inch rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru 15" inch rims

What is the most commonly run 15 inch tire run on WRX's ???

It seems that a lot of people here in the Midwest run Team Dynamics, Braid, or Method MR series on their cars. I have a set of Braids and Methods for my STI.
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
    #77 M_

Comment

Originally posted by Orion View Post
      It seems that a lot of people here in the Midwest run Team Dynamics, Braid, or Method MR series on their cars. I have a set of Braids and Methods for my STI.
      Oh cool, but what tire do you guys run? Not rim.

Comment

Ah!!! Sorry, it was late and I misread your question!

I run MRF ZG2 soft compounds in dry - https://teamilluminata.com/collections/rally-tires/products/mrf-gravel-rally-tires?variant=28353843665
        Wet/mud I run IndySport SG's and in the cold I have 2 sets of 17" snows just because that's what I got with the car.

2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
        #77 M_

Comment

I have the following sets.

IndySport SGs - Mud and loose material
          IndySport BRs - Really muddy and sloppy
          Maxxis R19 - Gravel and Hardpack
          Bridgestone Winter tires - Blizzack for hard pack when course is taking rubber

Mark
          Mark Macoubrie
          RXB
          Kansas City Region
          2005 STI 41 PA

Comment

I have seen most people running a snow tire. Winterforce seem to popular because of the aggressive pattern. Also several people running the Hoosier and MaxSport tires.

Mark
            Mark Macoubrie
            RXB
            Kansas City Region
            2005 STI 41 PA

Comment

Originally posted by gsxnut View Post
              I have seen most people running a snow tire. Winterforce seem to popular because of the aggressive pattern. Also several people running the Hoosier and MaxSport tires.

Mark
              Are you running a 205 size tire or a 195, 185 ??? What side wall height?

Comment

Tire size is going to be a bit of a preference and driving style choice. The smaller 185 and 195s will dig in well if you are not a super aggressive driver. The harder you like to bury it in the corners the more (and stiffer) sidewall you are going to want along with a rally wheel to hold them on. I switched from some ginormous 225 pirrelli rally tires that I could never de-bead to 185 size which gave better corner bite but are much more easily de-beaded with the way I like to send it. I'm going up to 205s to see if I can solve this.
                Ed Trudeau
                WOR Rally Director
                23 PA

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman View Post
                  Tire size is going to be a bit of a preference and driving style choice. The smaller 185 and 195s will dig in well if you are not a super aggressive driver. The harder you like to bury it in the corners the more (and stiffer) sidewall you are going to want along with a rally wheel to hold them on. I switched from some ginormous 225 pirrelli rally tires that I could never de-bead to 185 size which gave better corner bite but are much more easily de-beaded with the way I like to send it. I'm going up to 205s to see if I can solve this.
                  Nice 205 was going to be my starting point....Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X