Daily driver and long distance drive to Rallycross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily driver and long distance drive to Rallycross

I’m looking into getting a Fiesta st for Autox in the near future and once the 3 year loan is paid off (I won’t feel as bad lol) then do Rallycross events.
    I live in Las Vegas and the nearest Rallycross events is ridge crest and glen helen. My situation is I don’t have a trailer nor have a place to put one at my house so I have to drive the fiesta to and from events. Should this be avoided with mechanical concerns? Is it possible to do a 3+ hour drive on gravel tires, be competitive, and drive home?

also this ST would serve as a part time daily driver alongside my truck. So not my only daily.
    To minor other damage I’m interested in doing a clear bra wrap, mud flaps, ect. To keep the outside decent, how badly does it get messed up?

thank you for any advice

3 years is a long way a way. Go on Craigslist and find a descent cheaper car and have at it. Miatas are pretty competitive in both autocross and rallycross.They can be had pretty cheap, but you will need a hard top and roll cage for rallycross. They tow great. If you have a truck Uhaul rents trailers pretty cheap for day use. It would also give you piece of mind that if your car had an issue you could still get it home. I wouldn't think 3 hours of driving on gravel tires would be the best way to go.
    Last edited by Davey; 03-04-2019, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayden5150 View Post
      I’m looking into getting a Fiesta st for Autox in the near future and once the 3 year loan is paid off (I won’t feel as bad lol) then do Rallycross events.
      I live in Las Vegas and the nearest Rallycross events is ridge crest and glen helen. My situation is I don’t have a trailer nor have a place to put one at my house so I have to drive the fiesta to and from events. Should this be avoided with mechanical concerns? Is it possible to do a 3+ hour drive on gravel tires, be competitive, and drive home?

also this ST would serve as a part time daily driver alongside my truck. So not my only daily.
      To minor other damage I’m interested in doing a clear bra wrap, mud flaps, ect. To keep the outside decent, how badly does it get messed up?

thank you for any advice
      My home region is over 3hr away, this has not stopped me for the past 16 years.

Swap tires on site. Gravel tires SUCK on the highway. When I used to run a 100hp Golf, It felt more like a 50hp Golf. Lots and lots of rolling resistance. If you don't feel comfortable putting tires in the car, a tire trailer is a wise investment.

Comment

*Snow tires, my bad I meant to mention I’m meaning to do a stock class as well. Thanks for the tips guys. I’m planning on going out to an event in April to check it out. I have a car right now that’s built for drifting and has a formula drift spec cage but that’s only 1.5x0.95 tubing. I could probably uhual that out but I don’t think the cage will pass tech

Comment

Working...
        X