S10 Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S10 Build

Currently building an s10 for the flr region. its a 98 2.2 5spd. I widened the body 4" and the wheelbase 5" and lowered it 2". I guess we'll see what happens.

Unique build. Share how it goes.

Comment

Why haven't I heard of this yet???
      Jim Perrin
      WNY Region
      NEDIV RX Steward

Comment

• raceking46
        raceking46 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hoped to make the june 16th event but I messed up getting ready and wasn't gonna make it for registration. I should be ready for the next event. Still having some issues with the 2.2 and I have to get shocks and tires but I have some time so I should be good.

I don't think I'll be ready for the next one, but hopefully soon after that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20423996_10104220681771848_3093736315581593360_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	2263
      Jim Perrin
      WNY Region
      NEDIV RX Steward

Comment

• raceking46
        raceking46 commented
        Editing a comment
        That cage looks nice. that's quite the rear suspension set up you got goin on there. What rear end is that it looks wide? Did you just move the tank for weight distribution or was there another reason?

It's a Camaro axle. I think it just looks wide because there is no bed on it right now. The tank needed to be moved to allow for the upper links to move around
      Jim Perrin
      WNY Region
      NEDIV RX Steward

Comment

Camaro rear should be wider. In that pic it looks like the rear wheel is almost a full tire width farther out then the front. I'm sure its just optical illusion. I have a third gen rear I was thinking about using I just didn't know how well it would fit. Gotta take some measurements. If you need a hand getting that thing together I can probably carve out a day to give ya hand. Don't you live out near buffalo?

Comment

I'm in Farmington now. I have a long road ahead to make it ready for stage. I'm hoping the list for rallyx is small enough to get it done quickly though.
          Jim Perrin
          WNY Region
          NEDIV RX Steward

Comment

That's the nice thing about rallycross, just the basics and then you can pick off the stage necessities over time. I'm in Caledonia so its only like 40 min drive. Gotta get that thing done I remember talking to you about it last year.

Comment

Still have some stuff to do but it looks ok.

Comment

I dig it. Can't wait to see it!
                Jim Perrin
                WNY Region
                NEDIV RX Steward

Comment

A little shot of the widened front fender.

Comment

Really nice build. What class are you planning for?

Comment

• raceking46
                      raceking46 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      right now the only mods are 2" drop spindles and 2" blocks in the back and of course widening it. All the drive line is stock 2.2 5spd nothing special. I haven't even replaced the worn out shocks yet. Looks like stock rwd. probably won't be very competitive but I'll have fun and it will look cool. lol

You can’t run in stock at the National level with those modifications. Not that I’m trying to rain on anyone’s parade, but lowering a vehicle puts it into the prepared class, and a widened body & track puts a vehicle into modified class.
                    Last edited by So Close; 08-01-2018, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X